I Love Learning

This afternoon following my 2:10-3:00 class I went to speak to three different professors about the research papers I'm writing in the next few weeks that I mentioned in my last blog entry. Maybe what I'm about to say makes me a nerd, but I don't care:
I love school. More specifically, I love college papers. Or at least, I love the topics for these papers.
These three papers will be labor-intensive- requiring sifting through scholarly articles, books, and encyclopedias on theology, sociology, and development theory- and carefully crafting and molding my thoughts and ideas both in accordance with and reaction to the ideas of the subjects I read into organized, engaging pieces.

But I'm having so much fun thinking about it. It's so interesting how I am able to collectively synthesize my interests in social and environmental issues together, but in three very distinct fields of thought. I have the opportunity to write about issues in western perspectives relating to development, the preferential option for the poor, and the lack of fresh food in urban areas. They're sort of three separate leaves on the same clover. You know, that whole being sensitive to the underdog kind of thing?

I really, truly love learning. It's what I live for.

Comments

Popular Posts