Explorations in Being: Part 1 of 2

What if the federal government was required to practice meditation on a regular basis? I wonder if it would be shut down right now.

What if there was a mandatory work hour limit of 40 hours per week in the United States, and everyone was ensured a living wage so that this mandate was a real possibility?

What if we exercised enough vulnerability in our everyday lives to acknowledge that we are broken, and fragmented, and that being as such makes us beautiful and puts us in a posture to desire to be made whole?
These are some thoughts I’ve been thinking lately. Here's a free hand poem that sort of flowed out of me. I'm not sure how it's connected to what I've just mentioned, but I'm trusting that the universe will do something with it. 

These are some thoughts I've been thinking lately;
I ponder them little, I ponder them greatly.
I have no answers; I but wonder and pray
For a humble spark, a divine peace, to enter and stay
In the hearts and the minds and the bodies and souls
Of we creatures of habit; creatures of holes
So quick to bypass, to  forget the mystery
Of life rich before us, rich of our history
So may we have truth, may we have grace
To see light, even dim, on each other’s warm face. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts